Kamis, 18 Maret 2010

Noodlelicious

I want to share one of my favorite foods. For your information, I had to think hard to choose the most delicious food. Actually, this recipe is the favorite recipe of my family. I used to help my mom when I went home. She always cooks this noodlelicious for her children and her beloved husband.

First of all, as usual, I prepared all the ingredients that I need. Five garlic, a spoonful of pepper, a little bit nutmeg, a spoonful of salt, five red onions, an egg, chickens, and some vegetables such as celery and leeks. The most important ingredient was the noodle. Without it, it would not be noodlelicious.

Did you know a kind of noodle which was bigger than the usual noodle? Its size was similar to kwetiau (Chinese noodle) but it was thicker than kwetiau, that kind f noodle that I used in this recipe. A pack of that noodle usually could be consumed by three people. Before I made the seasoning, I used to pour out hot water to the noodle and then I separated the noodle and water. After that, I gave oil to keep the noodle wet. I fried some chickens and chopped cucumbers and tomatoes.

I chopped up the red onions, added a little salt and then fried it. It would be the garnish. Next, I made the seasoning. I mixed some garlic, pepper and nutmeg and fried it with margarine. When the seasoning gave its flavor, I added an egg in it. After that, I pour out water, added some vegetables, sugar, salt, rajarasa sauce and sesame oil. And then, I added the noodle. After five minutes, I added sweet soy sauce or salty soy sauce. If the noodle was too salty, I added sweet soy sauce. When the noodle was too sweet, I added salty soy sauce...

Oh, before serve it, I usually putted the fried noodle in the plate, added it with fried onion, fried chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, and some chilies. I would never wait for the second calling from my mom when she cooked noodlelicious, ;).

1 komentar:

  1. Mbak Dewati, do you know what is noodle in Indonesian? I have a great story about that. One day President Bill Clinton visited Indonesia. While he and our first man were having a talk in the sitting room, our first Lady was busy preparing noodle in the kitchen. After it was ready, she went to see Bill Clinton and asked him: "Mr. President, do you like mie (me)?" Firstly Clinton smiled, no answer. She asked again, "Mr. Clinton do you like me?" No answer. So, she asked again, "Mr. President Clinton, please, do you like me? Still hot". Heheheheeee

    BalasHapus